Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Request For Release of Utility Lien(s)

  1. Release of Lien
    Why was a lien placed against my property?
    A public entity utility lien is placed against properties that have outstanding delinquent user fees for services that were provided from Vallejo Flood and Wastewater District prior to July 1, 2017.

    What is a Release of Utility Lien document?
    A lien release is a type of legal document stating that the debtor has sufficiently paid off their debts and is no longer subject to a property lien. Release of lien forms are legal documents that are notarized.

    How do I get a Release of Utility Lien document?
    To obtain a lien release you must have sufficiently paid off the debt(s). The District will provide to you a lien release document upon request and verification that debt(s) have been received for lien placed against property. You must request lien releases to receive them. The District does not automatically send them. The District will release all liens fully collected on property taxes at no additional charge to the customer.

    How do I get a lien removed from my property?
    Property lien removal process:
    1. Make sure the debt the lien represents is valid and satisfied/paid.
    2. Fill out a Utility Lien Release Request form below.
    3. Wait for our District to contact you for pick-up of Release of Utility Lien form. If you are an escrow company, you may attach a prepaid shipping label and the District will send you the Release of Utility Lien document. If you are a customer, please be sure to provide a contact number for the District to contact you when the Release of Utility Lien document(s) are ready for pick-up. You may also provide the District with a self-addressed envelope to send your release documents to you when prepared.
    4. Take the notarized Release of Lien document to the Solano County Assessor-Recorder’s office for filing.

    Is there a fee to file a Release of Utility Lien document with the County?
    The Solano County Assessor-Recorder’s office charges an applicable fee to record each Release of Utility Lien.

    For additional information and/or questions, please contact Customer Service at (707) 644-8976 or via email.

    NOTE: Request will not be processed without copies of lien(s) or title report. Please allow up to 7 (seven) business days for processing once all documents are received and provide a pre-paid shipping label so we may return the lien release documents to you. If no shipping label is provided, we will give you a call to schedule a pick up time as we are currently open by appointment only due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
  2. Leave This Blank:

  3. This field is not part of the form submission.