How Do I Protest the Proposed Fee Increase?

Any record owner of a parcel upon which the charges are proposed for imposition, and any tenant directly responsible for the payment of storm drainage charges (i.e., a customer of record who is not a property owner), may submit a written protest to the proposed rate adjustments to the District’s storm drainage charges; however, only one protest will be counted per identified parcel.   

Each protest must: (1) be in writing; (2) state that it’s being submitted in opposition to the proposed rate increases for the storm drainage charges; (3) provide the location of the identified parcel (by street address or assessor’s parcel number); and (4) include the name and signature of the property owner or tenant submitting the protest.  

Written protests may be submitted by mail or in person to the District Clerk of the Board at 450 Ryder Street, Vallejo, CA 94590, on or before November 9, 2021, provided they are received prior to the close of the Public Hearing, which will occur when public testimony on the proposed rate increases is concluded. Protest submitted via e-mail or other electronic means will not be accepted.

Show All Answers

1. What are "Stormwater Services"?
2. Why Increase Rates?
3. Didn't We Just Approve a Stormwater Rate Increase?
4. What Service Improvements Will We See?
5. What will Residents Pay?
6. What Will Businesses Pay?
7. Will There Be Financial Assistance for Low Income Homeowners?
8. Why Not Just Use Sewer Fee Money For This?
9. How Do I Know the Money Will Be Used as Promised?
10. Does It Ever Flood in Vallejo?
11. My Property Doesn't Flood. Why Should I Have to Pay?
12. When and Where is the Public Hearing?
13. How Do I Protest the Proposed Fee Increase?
14. What Are the Next Steps?